In recognition of the growing field of research, BMC Cancer have launched this Collection to bring together research on:
- The role of extracellular vesicles in modulating the behaviour of resident and host cells in the tumor microenvironment.
- The role of circulating extracellular vesicles in setting up the pre-metastatic niche
- The role of extracellular vesicles in therapeutic resistance.
- Investigating the cargos of cancer-related extracellular vesicles as potential diagnostic, prognostic and predictive biomarkers.
- Changes in the mechanisms of extracellular vesicles biogenesis, release and uptake in cancer.
- The use of extracellular vesicles as delivery vehicles for therapeutics.
- The role of extracellular vesicles as therapeutic targets.
- Advances in the isolation and characterisation of cancer-related extracellular vesicles.
This Collection is now open for submissions!
This Collection welcomes submission of Research Articles. Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have read our submission guidelines. During the submission process you will be prompted to declare whether you are submitting to a Collection or thematic series, select “yes” and then select from the following options “Extracellular vesicles in cancer progression”.
Data sets and descriptions relevant to the Collection will be considered in BMC Research Notes as Data Notes. You can find out more about this article type here. This type of content will be published in BMC Research Notes and included in the final Collection.
Submission deadline: 31st of March 2023.
To find out more and read the articles within the Collection, click here.