Biotechnology for Biofuels
is an open access, peer-reviewed online journal featuring high-quality
studies describing technological and operational advances in the
production of biofuels from biomass. The journal will emphasize
understanding and advancing the application of biotechnology and
synergistic operations to improve plants and biological conversion
systems for the production of fuels from lignocellulosic biomass and
any related economic, environmental and policy issues.
Biotechnology for Biofuels will focus on the following areas:
- Development of plants for biofuels production
- Plant deconstruction
- Pretreatment and fractionation
- Enzyme production and enzymatic conversion
- Fermentation and bioconversion
- Integrated systems
- Process design and economics
- Life cycle studies
Submit your research to Biotechnology for Biofuels
and take advantage of an efficient online submission process, a rapid,
high quality peer-review service, and immediate publication upon
acceptance. There are no color charges and no limits on the number of
figures or embedded movies.
The published version of your
article will be immediately placed in PubMed Central and other freely
accessible full-text repositories.
To enable the journal to make all of its content open access, Biotechnology for Biofuels will levy an article-processing charge for each manuscript accepted after peer review (payable on acceptance).
Bärbel Hahn-Hägerdal, Michael Himmel, Chris Somerville and Charles Wyman
The Editors-in-Chief, Biotechnology for Biofuels
- Gregory Petsko in Genome Biology: The first 10 years – a Kindle/iPad ebook from BioMed Central - 13th October 2010
- White Rhino – a guest post from Writers Without Borders - 20th January 2009
- Lignocellulosic plants of possible use for biofuel production - 9th January 2009