Editor at BugBitten
Vera Unwin gained her Bsc (Hons) in Biomedical sciences (University of Dundee), before completing her MSc in Medical Parasitology (LSHTM) and gaining exciting field experience working in the Amazon, Brazil. After working in the malaria vaccine group at the Jenner Institute (University of Oxford), she moved to the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine to work on filarial nematode cell lines and then Mycobacterium tuberculosis risk factors. She is currently doing a PhD at the LSTM developing and evaluating diagnostics for malaria elimination settings.
Latest posts by Vera Unwin (see all)
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Bugbitten! - 24th December 2018
- Repackaging malaria to refresh & drive motivation towards elimination - 20th July 2018
- Celebrating the achievements of women in science and inspiring the next generation - 1st June 2018
Popular Bugbitten tags
Sorry. No data so far.
Most Shared Posts
- Bacteria and protozoa, chemistry and biology discussed
- Males have higher parasite burdens than females. Can they cope?
- Black Death strikes back with a vengeance in Madagascar
- The importance of community commitment to tsetse control
- The road to echinococcosis control in Peru: A workshop to review and synthesize the evidence