We are pleased to announce that five more titles from BioMed Central’s portfolio of independent journals have just been accepted for tracking by Thomson Scientific, and will receive official impact factors in 2010. The journals are: Environmental Health, International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, Journal of Neuroinflammation, Lipids in Health and Disease and Virology Journal.
The acceptance of these titles for tracking by Thomson Scientific reflects their growing prominence and reputation in their respective fields, and is a strong endorsement of their acheivement to date. We have calculated an unofficial 2006 impact factors for each of these journals, based on Thomson Scientific citation data, and this demonstrates that they already have an impressive citation rate.
- Environmental Health – Unofficial Impact Factor 2.10
- International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity – Unofficial Impact Factor 3.06
- Journal of Neuroinflammation – Unofficial Impact Factor 4.36
- Lipids in Health and Disease – Unofficial Impact Factor 1.38
- Virology Journal – Unofficial Impact Factor 1.94
BioMed Central’s growing independent journal portfolio consists of 109 titles which span the whole of biology and medicine. 21 of these journals are already tracked by Thomson ISI, and we look forward to seeing many more independent journals being accepted for tracking in the near future. Find out more about publishing in these titles here.
We would like to congratulate the Editors-in-Chief of the five newly tracked journals on their impressive achievement.
Managing Editor, Independent Journals