Editor at BugBitten
Vera Unwin gained her Bsc (Hons) in Biomedical sciences (University of Dundee), before completing her MSc in Medical Parasitology (LSHTM) and gaining exciting field experience working in the Amazon, Brazil. After working in the malaria vaccine group at the Jenner Institute (University of Oxford), she moved to the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine to work on filarial nematode cell lines and then Mycobacterium tuberculosis risk factors. She is currently doing a PhD at the LSTM developing and evaluating diagnostics for malaria elimination settings.
Latest posts by Vera Unwin (see all)
- A malaria elimination catch up- Algeria leads the way - 9th August 2019
- Why find the needle in the haystack? - 10th May 2019
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Bugbitten! - 24th December 2018
Popular Bugbitten tags
Most Read Posts
- Climate change and infectious diseases – a partnership made in hell?
- Malaria vaccine promises a better future for African children
- Making it cheaper to track genetically-modified mosquito releases
- Can trials of spatial repellents be used to estimate mosquito movement?
- Reconciling disease risk with livelihood needs in high schistosomiasis transmission settings