Dr Kuan-Teh Jeang, Editor-in-Chief of Retrovirology and Associate Editor for Cell & Bioscience (as well as editorial board member of BMC Biology and BMC Medicine) recently delivered the 2012 NIH George Khoury lecture. The George Khoury lecture is an NIH “named” lectures and represents a high recognition of scientific research. Previous Khoury lecturers included David Baltimore, Phil Sharp, Robert Tjian, Bert Vogelstein, Robert Weinberg amongst others. Dr Jeang spoke on his work regarding HTLV-1 and Adult T-cell leukemia. A videocast of his lecture can be accessed here.
Srimathy Sriskantharajah completed a BSc in Microbiology (UCL) and a PhD in environmental microbiology/ atmospheric chemistry (Royal Holloway University of London) before joining BioMed Central. Srimathy blogs about microbiology, infectious diseases and the environment amongst other things.
Latest posts by Srimathy Sriskantharajah (see all)
- Ever feel in your gut that you and your dog have more in common than you realized? - 19th April 2018
- One Health – a joined up approach to tackling a global challenge - 2nd November 2017
- Space invaders: the challenges of studying microbes in space - 14th August 2017
Popular On Biology tags
- Mouse to man: animal models and cell models in the study of Autism
- Take a deep breath: Sex differences may play a significant role in the onset and treatment of lung disease
- Transposon Day Quiz: How much do you know about the field’s founder, Barbara McClintock?
- Folic acid supplements and gut bacteria
- First record of bottlenose dolphins in Canadian Pacific waters