Dr Kuan-Teh Jeang, Editor-in-Chief of Retrovirology and Associate Editor for Cell & Bioscience (as well as editorial board member of BMC Biology and BMC Medicine) recently delivered the 2012 NIH George Khoury lecture. The George Khoury lecture is an NIH “named” lectures and represents a high recognition of scientific research. Previous Khoury lecturers included David Baltimore, Phil Sharp, Robert Tjian, Bert Vogelstein, Robert Weinberg amongst others. Dr Jeang spoke on his work regarding HTLV-1 and Adult T-cell leukemia. A videocast of his lecture can be accessed here.
Srimathy Sriskantharajah completed a BSc in Microbiology (UCL) and a PhD in environmental microbiology/ atmospheric chemistry (Royal Holloway University of London) before joining BioMed Central. Srimathy blogs about microbiology, infectious diseases and the environment amongst other things.
Latest posts by Srimathy Sriskantharajah (see all)
- Quiz: so you think you know biology? - 6th October 2018
- Ever feel in your gut that you and your dog have more in common than you realized? - 19th April 2018
- One Health – a joined up approach to tackling a global challenge - 2nd November 2017
Popular On Biology tags
Most Shared Posts
- Low-grade Inflammation: DNA Methylation Sites and the Pursuit for Potential Therapeutic Targets
- Small RNAs: a new weapon in the war between plants and phytopathogens?
- Video Blog: Vesicular transport demonstrates a potential disease mechanism in Parkinson’s disease
- Common ancestor of Han Chinese, Japanese and Koreans dated to 3000 – 3600 years ago
- How early can breast or ovarian cancer risk be predicted? Transmission of epigenetic changes to BRCA1 and MGMT genes