It is with extreme personal sadness that I learned of the passing of John Brady this past weekend after a courageous battle with colon cancer. In 1987, John and I were in the same laboratory when our mentor George Khoury passed on. Since 1987, John has been an esteemed colleague and a thoughtful friend. He and I ran the annual NIH George Khoury Lecture, and I have always admired John’s insightul work on HTLV and HIV gene regulation. Our thoughts and prayers are with John’s wife Larrine and his children. John — you will be missed!!!
Latest posts by Kuan-Teh Jeang (see all)
- HTLV articles of potential interest - 16th February 2012
- Presentation of Retrovirology Prize Trophy in Kyoto - 21st January 2012
- SCImago SJR 2011 ranks Retrovirology second from the top of "virology" journals - 11th December 2011
Popular On Biology tags
Most Shared Posts
- Quiz: Can you answer these questions about malaria?
- Multiplexing human stem cell research in mice
- The role of APOE4 during the earliest stages of Alzheimer’s disease. A Q&A with Professor Guojun Bu
- Citizen science game is running a competition to accelerate Alzheimer’s research
- What can tired worms tell us about sleep?