Editor at BugBitten
Vera Unwin gained her Bsc (Hons) in Biomedical sciences (University of Dundee), before completing her MSc in Medical Parasitology (LSHTM) and gaining exciting field experience working in the Amazon, Brazil. After working in the malaria vaccine group at the Jenner Institute (University of Oxford), she moved to the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine to work on filarial nematode cell lines and then Mycobacterium tuberculosis risk factors. She is currently doing a PhD at the LSTM developing and evaluating diagnostics for malaria elimination settings.
Latest posts by Vera Unwin (see all)
- Why find the needle in the haystack? - 10th May 2019
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Bugbitten! - 24th December 2018
- Repackaging malaria to refresh & drive motivation towards elimination - 20th July 2018
Popular Bugbitten tags
Most Read Posts
Most Shared Posts
- The AGS-v-vaccine: a magic bullet for mosquito-transmitted infections?
- Stuck in Jelly – Hydrogels as a new method for Leishmania culture
- Hungry parasites: when hosts eat, perhaps their parasites do too?
- Precision Mapping-Tackling a major obstacle on the road towards the elimination of schistosomiasis
- Unsticking malaria