Berlin has seen more than its fair share of microbiology pioneers, including Robert Koch and Paul Ehrlich. In light of this it is only fitting that Berlin will be the host city for the 23rd European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID 2013) from the 27th-30th April. BMC Infectious Diseases will be attending and are looking forward to a diverse range of talks. If you are interested in meeting to discuss anything please contact the Executive Editor Philippa Harris.
Philippa is an Editor for the BMC-Series. Before joining BioMed Central in 2010, she did a PhD at the National Institute of Medical Research, UK and a post-doc at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, USA.
Popular BMC Series Blog tags
- Universal health coverage: a right and not a privilege for all African citizens
- Do smoking bans lead to less or more smoking in the home?
- Gallbladder cancer: a rare, deadly disease with an abnormally high incidence in Native American populations of New Mexico
- Hawaiian spiders teach us about how explosive diversification happens
- Chronic sleep deprivation could be an important driver of depression in young women
Most Shared Posts
- Little world, big problems: unravelling the origin of slave-raiding in ants
- Thematic Series: Health Services Research for Opioid Use Disorders
- Celebrating Pride while recognizing the mental health challenges of the LGBTQ community
- Deep genetic divergence among Bale monkeys in continuous forest and forest fragments
- Feathered fruit-eater frozen in fossil form