Claire Bundy, Open Repository Specialist, is the second member of the Open Repository Team to become a member of the DSpace Community Advisory Team (DCAT). Our service is a long-standing registered service provider for DuraSpace, and this further shows Open Repository’s commitment to helping to advance the DSpace software and developing resources/tools for DSpace users.
The primary goals of DCAT are to help review and facilitate community-wide discussions about new feature requests and to provide support to the DSpace Committer group in producing software releases. This also includes finding project groups or stakeholders who could work on the development of the features.
Claire’s other activities for DCAT will also include:
- Monthly team teleconferences
- Review new feature requests, provide drafts of recommendations and lead DCAT discussion on the request
- Provide feedback about specific new feature requests
- Collaborate on other project, tools, resources which serve the community
- Help organize user group meetings
- Participate in mailing lists or discussion forums to share knowledge and best practices
- Periodically attend the DSpace Committers meetings
If you would like any further information regarding our service and how we can share our expertise with you, please do not hesitate to contact me.