Anglia Ruskin Launch their ARRO Open Access Repository

Anglia Ruskin University are one of the largest universities in the East of England, educating over 25,000 students including those in part-time education. They are one of the most significant suppliers of nurses and teachers to the professions, offering an ever-expanding range of contemporary courses designed to meet the needs of the individual and the requirements of a knowledge-based economy. The institute has a clear and exciting vision for developing its research, scholarship and knowledge transfer; one that is committed to the enhancement of social, cultural and economic well-being of the region with many committed researchers of international standing.

The university wanted a centralized archiving solution via a cost-effective repository, to cover their staff and audience on a global basis.  A solution, that would offer flexibility and a high level of technical support.  In June 2010 they formed a partnership with Open Repository, provided by BioMed Central, and successfully launched their repository internally to the research staff within the institute, with invited governors and JISC also attending.  

At Open Repository, we recognize the need for showcasing the repositories of our clients and the benefits of depositing items to their researchers.  Therefore, we used Open Repository’s global network of newsletters, blogs and tweets to drive traffic to their ARRO repository and the research that it holds, all as part of the service provided. 

Open Repository is helping Anglia Ruskin by:

• Enhancing researchers’ profiles and demonstrating the impact of their research with the increased citations depositing brings.
  • Providing unique marketing materials for their launch.
  • Sharing their intellectual output on a global basis.
  • Facilitating the provision of reports on research activity across the organization. 
  • Allowing researchers to create their own listings and feeding them into other collaborations and websites via the enhanced researcher pages on offer.
  • Providing a facility for all authors to quickly create their own web presence and make it easier for them to link to other like-minded researchers, developing new contacts and building new collaborations.
  • Providing an internal centralized solution to store the global information that they hold.
  • Consolidating the library’s position with R&D activities and increasing both the interaction with researchers and the understanding of their output.

If you would like to find out more about open access repositories, or specifically Anglia Ruskin’s repository, please get in touch.

Best Wishes,

Claire Bundy, Business Development Manager
Open Repository 

View the latest posts on the Research in progress blog homepage

Comments